Own an Air Fryer? Here Are Our Favorite Recipes!
Even though air fryers have been around for more than a decade, their popularity increased just over the last few years. I was curious to learn more about Air Fryers ever since my grandmother started sending dried foods and jams to my doorstep. My research did not disappoint, as I learned pretty great recipes along the way. If you own an air fryer or are thinking of joining the air fryer revolution, then check out our favorite recipes:
Our Favorite Recipes
The following recipes are a mix between great snacks, appetizers, dinner entrees, and desserts. For those of you who are vegetarian, vegan, or are just curious about plant-based diets, there are a few links available for you to make these recipes to accommodate your dietary needs.
1) The Baked Potato – This recipe is simple and allows you to add all of your favorite fixings, such as bacon bits, a dollop of sour cream, and cheddar cheese. You will not be disappointed in the slightest! With a crispy golden outside, and a warm deliciousness inside that includes melted butter and a dash of salt and pepper, you will fall even deeper in love with your air fryer. Check out this plant-based sour cream and butter alternatives, so you can enjoy this recipe if you are vegan.
2) Stuffed Chicken Breast – These spicy and juicy chicken breasts are meant for an intimate dinner for two, but can also be made for the whole family, based off of the size of your air fryer. Air fryers come in small, medium, and large sizes. Check out the size that fits your family’s needs here. For a meat alternative, enjoy these options.
3) Mini Calzones – Everyone loves pizza, pizza pockets, and large calzones at restaurants, so why not wrap all three up into one delicious meal? Impress your friends when you bring these out for the next get together. You can add in your favorite mixtures, like broccoli cheese or sausage and ricotta! Feel free to add your own twist and delight all your friend’s taste buds. You can even make your very own vegan pepperoni and cheese.
4) Homemade Mozzarella Sticks – Why buy frozen mozzarella sticks when you can make these delicious snacks from scratch and not have to take up space in your oven? This crunchy and delicious app has stringing cheese that will make your mouth melt. Be sure to make some for the next party you attend with family or friends! For a gooey mozzarella cheese for vegetarians and vegans, check out the recipe here.
5) Buttermilk Fried Chicken – The air fryer fried chicken offers a crispy outside with a tender and juicy inside, without the mess. The chicken is soaked in buttermilk to keep the meat tender, creamy, and juicy. Then, by adding a heavy seasoning of flour breading, it offers the crispy outside that is irresistible. To make fried chicken this way in an air fryer, you will never go back to making it the traditional way again. Check out the meat and milk vegan alternative as well. You will be happy you did!
6) Chocolate Chip Cookies – What is a favorite recipe list without chocolate chip cookies? Try these cookies and just wait for them to melt in your mouth! Using an air fryer offers the crispy sides and the gooey center that we all crave when looking to eat a fresh baked cookie. Just line the bottom of your air fryer with parchment paper. This allows for even air flow and cooking throughout, and it only takes five minutes to bake! This recipe does not call for milk, so for vegans and vegetarians, you'll only need butter and eggs.
7) Greek Turkey Burgers – Trying these burgers is a must if you love a tangy burger that is a healthy alternative to a regular beef or steak burger. So, if you love turkey patties, garlic, red peppers, feta cheese, red onions, and red wine vinegar, you’ll find them amazing. With a turkey alternative, you can even plan for your next vegan Thanksgiving!
8) Donuts – Now, who doesn’t love a good donut? Turn on your air fryer and enjoy this delectable donut recipe! You can also try making some of your favorites, like chocolate, boston kreme, or the classic glazed.
Once you get through these eight of our favorite recipes and want to try out more, then check out apps like Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok, and more, which are great places to get new ideas and recommendations for recipes. If those are not an option for you, you can always google recipe ideas for a multitude of foods to cook. It's time to get your air fryer plugged in and get cooking!